10. Gopal Subramaniam: Gopal Subramaniam is a highly acclaimed lawyer, who fought on behalf of the state of Mumbai in the Mumbai terrorist attacks case, besides the big case of 1993 Bombay Blasts. He charges minimum Rs 5 lakh for one appearance.
9. Mukul Rohatgi: The next name on the list of best Indian lawyers is that of Mukul Rohatgi, one of the busiest lawyers in Delhi, with high profile clients like politicians, corporate giants and celebrities. He is known for his amazing confidence and argumentative skills. His fees per appearance is nearly Rs 5 lakhs.
8. K K Venugopal: K K Venugopal comes next among the top lawyers of India, with is unmatched flair for constitutional cases. The 79 year old Chennai based lawyer shifted to Delhi, after the famous Mandal Commission case of 1990. His fee reaches a figure of Rs 2-3 lakh per appearance.
7. Abhishek Manu Singhvi: Another successful lawyer from India is Abhishek M Singhvi, who is known for his long standing relations with Congress party. He has the credit of becoming the youngest AG at an age of just 37 years. His father L M Singhvi was a leading lawyer too. One of his high profile cases was the National Flag case, which he fought on behalf of Naveen Jindal.
6. K Parasaran: K Parasaran is the leading lawyer who has been providing his services to the UPA government and specializes in constitutional cases. The lawyer is known for his strong stand against corruption.
5. Harish Salve: Featuring next on the list of top 10 best lawyers of India is the Nagpur born lawyer Harish Salve, who is now based in Delhi. His most prominent cases include Vodafone tax case against the government, Doordarshan Telecast Rights case and the Ambani brothers gas dispute. Salve charges Rs 4.5 lakh per appearance.
4. Ram Jethmalani: Ram Jethmalani is another famous name in the law circles of India. The 90 year old lawyer is the oldest practicing lawyer in the country, who specializes in constitutional as well as criminal law. He charges Rs 10-20 lakh per appearance, making him the most highly paid lawyer in India.
3. Rohinton F Nariman: R F Nariman has inherited his penchant for law from his father, the great Fali Nariman, and he is no less, with his ability to handle the toughest of corporate cases with amazing ease! This clever lawyer was designated as a senior advocate at a very young age of 36 years
2. Soli J Sorabjee: Soli J Sorabjee, who was widely acclaimed for defending the country against Pakistan in the international Atlantique Downing case of 1999. He is known for his expertise in constitutional cases. His court fee is nearly Rs 2 lakh per appearance.
1. Fali S Nariman: Fali S Nariman is one of the most sought after lawyers in the country, who has won some prestigious cases during his illustrious career, including the famous Needle Industry Case (1981) pertaining to Company Law. The 81 year old has been in the field since 1951 and today makes a sum of Rs 2.5-3 lakh for a single hearing.
IMAGE SOURCE: “GOOGLE SEARCH”